Help victims of Taal Volcano Eruption.
The Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him. Habakkuk 2:20 (NIV)
The start of the new year and new decade 2020 has once again brought to Filipinos another great challenge! In 2019, after the onset of various calamities in many areas in the Philippines which included flooding, earthquakes, and typhoons, the Filipinos are yet facing another great disaster, not only to their livelihood, but also to the Philippines as well. The severe devastation of nature including animals and vegetation, caused by the eruption of Taal Volcano, will surely have a long term effect on the Filipino people and its economy. Poverty, which has always been the lot of many Filipinos will once again take its toll on us, including those who live outside the Philippines.
At present, many of those displaced because of Taal eruption, are being evacuated in many temporary shelters in Batangas, Cavite, and other places that have opened their doors to house them.
MEANS after assessing what we can substantially do to help our Filipino brothers and sisters have decided to supply the much needed 500 sleeping mats for families and children. We will also supply these with 1,000 pairs of flip flops. We have partnered with these churches and NGOs at this time:
- Samaritana Ministries – ministering to street women in Metro Manila – is housing 25 street women and children refugees from Tagaytay.
- Philippine Missionary Institute – Silang, Cavite. The school is a distribution center for the evacuees.
- Great Commission Church has a ministry partner in Lipa City, Batangas
- IVCF Southern Luzon Regional Unit – student ministry – Naic, Cavite, partnering with a church hosting as a evacuation center.
- Common Grounds Ministries – Based in Batangas, they help serve in evacuation centers
PRAY – for families evacuating from Batangas and Cavite: Protection, Provision of needs, Health for children and elderly in evacuation sites.
Give. And Give Hope.
- Give online – see link below
- Send your check – see address
Contributors – Lina Padilla and Carmena Cruz
Leave a Reply